Interested governments, organizations part of the key stakeholders groups, sub-regional inter governmental organizations, Regional and international organizations, International Financial Institutions (IFIs), United Nations Organizations, civil society organizations and media institutions are invited to express their interest in organizing thematic events during Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2016. (Please see concept note and detailed agenda for more information on the thematic events)
Based on screening of the expression of interests, the conference secretariat will confirm the awarding of the thematic events to partners. All thematic events will be in line with the pre-determined themes (as below). These will feed into the conference proceedings and will be shared with the global ‘Words into Action’ team as input from Asia.
Please submit a concept note in the format available in the link below. Interested organizations are also requested to submit a short background paper with analysis on the identified topic.
- Risk assessment and disaster loss accounting
- Governance and accountability for DRR
- Making development risk sensitive: How to?
- Preparedness to “build back better”
- Tsunami awareness
- Gender sensitive DRR
- Application of Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Risk resilient critical infrastructure
- Making cultural heritage risk resilient
- Ecosystems-based disaster risk reduction
- Risk financing
- Health aspects in DRR
- Risk sensitive land use and urban planning
- Multi hazard early warning systems
- National and local strategies
- Social protection
Please submit your expression of interest by email through this form to:
Ms Prachakporn Sophon, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 June 2016
The first round of screening will be done during the ISDR Asia Partnership Meeting on 22-22 June 2016